Issue: users are complaining of emails not showing up in search and you’ve determined you need to rebuild Exchange 2010’s search index.
- Launch Exchange Management Shell as administrator (right click run as administrator)
- Type in the following in-order to get the names of the databases.
- Copy the name of the database you’d like to rebuild.
- Browse to the scripts directory by typing the following:
cd “program files\microsoft\exchange server\v14\scripts”
- Enter the following command to rebuild:
ResetSearchIndex.ps1 “Mailbox Database 1”
Note: specify your desired database name instead of “Mailbox Database 1”
And that’s pretty much it! – Get the users to perform a full reboot.. That or just close and re-open outlook.